Audience Research



For my audience research I interviewed 4 four people who I felt were part of my target audience in order to obtain information and their opinions on horror films.
My target audience:
Primary: Teenagers and young adults (15-25), Generation Z, Group E, Male and Female
Secondary: Parents of those children (30+), Generation X.
Niche: Fans of supernatural elements and fantasy.
The audience research is useful because it has helped me gain an insight on how my target audience think and their views on the genre of horror. With this info I am then able to apply that to my opening sequence in order to make sure it appeals to them. For example, with the question on what sets apart one horror film from another, participants gave detailed and relevant answers which I can apply to my own narrative, making that stand out and generate interest from an audience as well as gaining their full attention.
On some questions I made sure that they were closed so that I could get a variety of different data, both qualitative an quantitative, so that the answers to the closed questions will be easy to compare and the answers to the open questions will be full of detail for me to take into account when planning and making my opening sequence. In this case, the first question (How often do you watch horror movies?) most participants responded with "Never" or "Rarely" meaning that this specific audience may not be fully interested in the genre. This is why I then asked open questions on what they would like to expect/find in a horror movie, gaining individual opinions. With this information I can incorporate these features into my opening sequence so it will appeal to my target audience as well as those who said they wouldn't normally watch as horror movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Production Diaries

Camera Movement (1)

Different Types of shots (2)