Treatment Feedback

After writing my treatment I made a treatment brief, which included vital parts of information in which I would present to my class to gain feedback and their thoughts on my idea.

I got a variety of questions and feedback which I have thought about, which has resulted in me making amendments to the plot of my horror film and the ideas I had presented or not included in my brief.
One piece of feedback was about my plot and the idea of having two students filming for their media coursework, which was said to come across as quite amateur towards the audience. Because of this, I am changing my plot to make it more creative, something that stands out and generates interest within viewers. Instead of having two media students filming, I have decided that the two girls come across the house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees, however it is quite close to them. This confuses the characters as there are no main roads or towns near this area, and yet their maps say that it is only a 15-20 minute walk away. Intrigued, the two friends decide to see if they can find the house and unlock the truth behind it; as after some research, they have found many contrasting and contradicting views, which has left them confused and frustrated. The come across the house by looking through their search history to get back onto a website they were on before the battery of the laptop ran out. Instead of showing the search history, multiple links to the map of the house is repeated, and curiosity results in the protagonist clicking and wanted to know more about the house and the woods surrounding it.
Other questions that were asked were about actors and locations.In terms of actors, these questions included who would play the character of the Child Keeper and how am I going to get actors. For my opening sequence the Child Keeper will not be present so I won't need anyone to play that part, however for the two school girls I am asking a friend to play the part of the helper, Jamie, and I will play the protagonist. The questions about location were what are my backup locations and where else will I film apart from the abandoned film. My backup location is a forest elsewhere in which you are allowed to film, in case I am not able to film in the woods by Hanworth House. As well as the abandoned house I will be using the woods and possibly my house, where the characters come across the abandoned house.
Furthermore, someone asked what instrumental music I would be using to set the mood for my opening sequence, to which I replied that I have a folder of different music that I would listen to and see which one suits my rough cut most.
The final question asked was what camera I would be using to film. I am hoping to use a Sony HDR-PJ410 Camcorder.
The feedback that I have received from my classmates has helped me to develop my treatment further as well as improving it so that the finished result of my coursework is successful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Production Diaries

Camera Movement (1)

Different Types of shots (2)